About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Fashion Stylist/Coach,Kingsway Mall Style Council Member, Mrs Canada 2006, Hairstylist and Makeup artist to the best clients, Mother of 2, and Wife to the #1 husband in the world!

Thursday 30 May 2013

Balancing Act

As the weather warms up,  it feels SO great to shed the layers, to let our toes free of the socks and boots. But a tendency I see way too often is to get to carried away with our enthusiasm to embrace the warm air on our bare skin! Trust me, I do get it... I too LOVE the heat! But there is a way to embrace the warmth, without showing too much skin. It's really all about balance... and fabric.
Forever 21
 If you want to wear shorts... wear a long sleeve LIGHTWEIGHT blouse in linen, cotton or gauze... even an open knit lightweight sweater. The trick is natural fabrics.
Forever 21
If you have a tank you'd like to wear, go for a great pair of capri's. Again, watch the fabric content.

This rule applies with length of your shorts too... if you're wearing longer shorts, you can have a "lesser" top. 
Just a rule of thumb I thought I'd share, that I try to apply.

On those SUPER hot days that I really love, I usually go with a summer dress, where I feel the same rules generally apply.
Gap

Gap

Now go slather on some sunscreen, grab your shades and enjoy the summer ladies!! 


P.S. This is a general rule of thumb if wanting to keep modesty in mind... there are definitely places were strapless tanks and short shorts can be worn... like the beach...ahhhh the beach. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment